Curry In A Hurry.

SOOOOOOOO, I went to the Lankan's New Year Festival a few days back. Charana told me about it when we were on the train to the city and told me to go cause it was mad fun last year. WELL why not? I MIGHT be the only Asian chick there.. And that was true. There were some Caucasian people too (Y)
I thought this picture was cool. LOOK IT'S A CAMEL!!! or a horse..
The boys who went against a team of uncles in a classic game of Tug-O-War. haaaaaahaha guess who won? Well I'll just reveal the answer. They got RAPED so bad. I doubt the uncles even tried their hardest. It was a good laugh though. Everyone laughed when the boys fell like dominoes. hehehe. I didn't manage to capture any pictures or record the whole scene down because my camera decided to die on me. 

 Games/events that were happening. Look at A1 Finding The Stranger. 
When we reached that park, eveeeryone was looking at me. No joke. Someone said this "I overheard a conversation, an aunty was like 'Why is she even here? Clearly she's not Lankan.' "  Thanks :(
We were all surprised that no one poked my shoulders and asked if I was the stranger. hahahaha.

 This is one of the rituals in Sri Lanka. Ladies hitting the drum.

 Yep that's right, POT-SMASHING.

 I had this for $2.
 Yessss uncle? :B
 AHHHH This (KOHTU) is so good. I'm craving for some right now. OMNOMNOM
Don't worry I'm not preggos.
 We were on the same team for the Egg-Tossing game. All girls had to stand in a line while the boys were standing opposite them, around 15 steps apart. So it's like this, you've got to throw an egg to your partner and if you're unlucky, the egg will crack and you're covered in egg! Well that was me. I CAUGHT THE BLOODY EGG BUT my hand didn't go through (some cricket tip that was taught to me 2 minutes before the game) hence, egg yolk splatted all over my leg. GRRR. I chased after Charana :] and started wiping it all over him. The guy with the microphone was talking about it in Sinhalese "Look at that guy running away from the girl. Looks like he's not going to live." Damn right.
 Dulitha getting a bonah.
 Charana and Gav joining in the fun!
  This is the Egg-Tossing game. SPOT THE ODD ONE OUT.
 Another game that they participated. Making a Mummy out of toilet rolls.
The way they think of games fascinates me.



 TADAAA! The end product! :D
 Boys and Mummy.
 She was so neatly + tightly wrapped D:

 The amount of mummies.
 Someone has a boner :)) Wait, I'm pretty sure that mummy was a chick. AITS I take that back.


All in all, it was a really fun + tiring day. I think I kinda lost a bit of my voice, cheering and shouting hehe :D I might go next year and join the Hit-Your-Face-With-A-Hard-As-Pillow game. LOOKED SO FUN! I didn't have the balls to go up and hit someone in the face hahaha. I'll do that next year. If I DO go.

Ending this post with an optimistic picture : 




6 more days to the end of Term 1 Holidays :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!